Health and Safety Advisor
£21,500 – £25,000 a year
Are you a team player ready to raise your profile and move into your next role with a forward-thinking dynamic Health and Safety Firm? We are at the forefront of the HSE practice seeking an ambitious Health and Safety Advisor to compliment our team.
As a Health and Safety Advisor, you will be reporting directly to the Health and Safety Director. The role requires a self-motivated individual with good punctuality and organisation. Job location is Lincoln and requires travelling to client’s offices and sites within the Lincolnshire/Nottinghamshire area.
Working hours are Monday to Friday 8.30am – 5.00pm. You may be required to work irregular hours in the case of an accident/incident.
- Attending meetings and networking to increase and maintain the companies’ customer base.
- Ensuring all of the assigned business and office functions are completed and run smoothly.
- Attending monthly business review meetings with the Health and Safety team lead.
- Keeping the Action Tracker up to date daily and supplying weekly to the Health and Safety Team Lead
- Coordinating subcontractors for training for operatives who work for the business
- Ensure that individual inspections KPI are maintained
- Handling (including returning) telephone calls in a timely and professional manor.
- Attending all meetings held with clients or the business
- Choosing a topic and writing at least one news article for the website every month.
- Attending training to assist in product knowledge and professional development.
- Ensure that all clients and Contracts Managers are contacted on a weekly basis.
- Maintain current knowledge of Health & Safety Legislation and industry best practice.
- Ensure CPD is maintained and training plans are kept up to date
Education and Skills
- NEBOSH National General Certificate (Essential)
- Technical Member of the Institute of Occupational Health and Safety (Tech MIOSH)
- People Management Skills
- Excellent telephone manner
- Accurate typing/IT Literacy
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Professional attitude towards all aspects of work
- Attention to detail
- Ability to listen, learn and develop
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £21,500.00 to £25,000.00 /year
- Health and Safety: 1 year (Preferred)